Description of Organization
CCSA Alumni Ambassadors are the official student outreach organization for CCSA. CCSA Alumni Ambassadors promote CCSA study abroad programs on their home campus, guide interested students through the application requirements, and assist in the pre-departure process for CCSA programs.
Selection of CCSA Alumni Ambassadors
CCSA Alumni Ambassadors are selected through an application procedure. They must be full-time undergraduate students from a consortium member school, who have studied abroad on a CCSA program and maintain good academic standing. Students must have genuine interest in promoting their CCSA program, as well as other CCSA programs.
Required qualifications for a CCSA Alumni Ambassador are strong communication skills, dedication to the organization, passion for international education, and excellent time management skills. Preference will be given to applicants with at least one year of undergraduate study remaining, although exceptions may be made.
Each home campus must provide approval for their student to serve as a CCSA Alumni Ambassador.
Duties and Responsibilities
Attendance at monthly meetings is required for all CCSA Alumni Ambassadors unless a reasonable excuse is provided in advance. Meetings are informal and will be held via Zoom. CCSA Alumni Ambassadors must also attend a mandatory training at the beginning of each semester.
Each CCSA Alumni Ambassador must submit 2-3 photos from their time abroad to be used for promotion of CCSA programs. In addition, each CCSA Alumni Ambassador will complete 10 hours of service to CCSA each semester on their home campus. Service requirements can be met through the following activities:
- Peer Advising, and other programming through their home campus study abroad office
- Classroom Presentations
- Information Sessions/ Information Tables
- Assistance with CCSA Pre-Departure meetings
- Publish article to home school newspaper about their time abroad (must be CCSA approved)
- Other activities as approved by CCSA and student’s home campus
Additionally, all CCSA Alumni Ambassadors are required to assist with the representation of CCSA at their home campus study abroad fair.
Meetings and trainings will not be counted towards the total semester hours.
Students will gain invaluable skills and professional development through participation in the CCSA Alumni Ambassador organization. Skills to be gained include:
- Advance skills in advising, public speaking, event planning, and marketing
- Expand and strengthen your resume
- Gain in-depth knowledge of CCSA Study Abroad opportunities and processes
- Develop interpersonal relationships with fellow CCSA Alumni Ambassadors, CCSA staff, and other professionals in the field of international higher education
- Share stories and advice from your Study Abroad experience
Recruitment will occur semiannually, at the conclusion of CCSA Winter and Summer programs. New CCSA Alumni Ambassadors will be announced by end of January (winter programs) and end of August (summer programs).